Friday, August 29, 2014

Fabergé Friday

Next pretty Fabergé item up for view is a little scent bottle. It was made sometime between the years 1896 and 1908!






The 2'' x 2.2'' (5.2 x 5.7 cm) size bottle is covered in mauve enamel over a guilloché ground. It is decorated with laurel swags tied with ribbons in two-colored gold. The center of each ribbon holds a small rose-cut diamond. The hinged lid is topped by a radiating gold flower that also has a diamond in it's center. Since 1953 it has it's place in the Royal Collection.

I rarely take time off from blogging, but now I feel I need a week of vacation from this. I'm in the middle of a three-week rehearsal for Folkoperan's (The People's Opera) staging of the opera La Traviata, where I play a nude model/extra. I also have a shoot scheduled in the middle of it all next week, and feel "slightly" tired right now... But I'll see you all again Monday September 8, and if you still want too keep up with what I'm doing, please follow me on Facebook or Instagram. See you soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash