Friday, December 06, 2013

Fabergé Friday

Last week I showed you one of Fabergé's flower creations, so today I thought we'd continue with some berries. Raspberries to be exact! This one was created around the year 1900!




You could almost believe this was a real twig, just cut from a bush and placed in a glass of water. But no. The ripening raspberries are made of rhodonite, surrounded by nephrite leaves attached to a gold stem. The "water filled" glass is cut from a piece of rock crystal. The dimensions of the creation is 6.3'' x 3.1'' x 2.6'' (15.9 x 7.8 x 6.7 cm). Since 1953 it can be found in the Royal Collection. 









2 comments:

  1. So pretty, it looks almost real, like I could grab one off and eat it, I like that!! Stunning doll, I hope you have a perfect weekend :)) <3 <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this idea and like Doll I see it as looking very realistic, at first glance I thought it was!

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash