Friday, May 23, 2014

Fabergé Friday

Today's Fabergé object  - a match case! Made by workmaster Mikhail Perkhin, sometime between the years 1860 and 1903!




Sometimes Fabergé used non-precious metals for certain objects, like with this one. The match case is made of gunmetal, applied with rococo scrolls in two-colored gold, and an attached tinder cord.




The dimensions of the case is 2'' x 1.3'' x 0.5'' (5.2 x 3.2 x 1.2 cm), and it was acquired by King Edward VII. It now belongs in the Royal Collection.










1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable, I need it!! I love these colours together, just perfection!! Makes me want to paint a room in this colours now, haha and have this on display in it :)))) I can dream. Happy Friday doll, I hope the weekend is bliss <333

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash