Thursday, May 01, 2014

Kendra's Miami Fashion Challenge!

This week we'll take a break from Fabergé Friday. The reason is I just took on my first blog challenge, and this is pretty much the last day to enter. So, here we go! I received a mail from American travel expert Kendra Thornton, telling me she is planning a romantic getaway to Miami with her husband. To get some new ideas about what to wear on this trip, she is now challenging different fashion bloggers to help her pick out some new outfits. This is what Kendra wrote to me about the upcoming trip:


"I love South Florida because of its coastal towns, natural parks, beaches and gorgeous art galleries. You can really get inspired by the art deco buildings, palm trees, gardens and various cultures that have made Miami so different from other parts of America. Part of my excitement for this trip is a fashion challenge that I want to present to the amazing fashion bloggers out there. I need some help picking out a few outfits to go for Miami. Fashion houses and designers flock to Miami, and from the pictures I've seen, everyone could be in a fashion spread on South Beach alone. Here are a few details about our trip to help you select some items I can wear to the beach or even out to a romantic dinner date on the beach.
When I began planning this trip, I wanted to find a hotel that could really let my husband and I relax. The Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel is perfect for this. It's located right on the Atlantic Ocean and just three miles from South Beach. The Lincoln Road shopping district is also nearby, which gives it a great location to explore the areas around Miami without needing a cab!
One night of our trip I want to have a romantic dinner with my husband. There are 11 restaurants and bars at the hotel alone, so we may end up enjoying a night here. I know that we definitely want to go to Lapis, which is the 40,000 square foot spa located at Fontainebleau. They have 30 different treatment rooms and specialize in thermal therapy.
I know that most of my trip will be spent on the beach. I definitely want a casual yet posh swimwear look that can be comfortable at the beach or eating at one of the cafes along the shore. We will likely spend a lot of time at the Fontainebleau beach because they provide private cabanas, drinks and beach service if you get hungry. I can't wait to be pampered like that! I hope that my trip inspires some gorgeous selections. The fashion bloggers out there have so much talent, and I want to show off all your selections around Miami and in pictures! Im so happy and thankful you are helping me find the perfect look!"

Source

This is Kendra - blond, gorgeous, and with a lovely bustier! If she decides to wear that one for her and her husband's trip, they might get stuck in the hotel room though... Haha! To make sure they get out a bit, I have made two moodboards, with two different outfits - one for the beach, and one for the evening. Let's start with the beach!





Some people might think black is boring during the summer. But no, it isn't! Black is elegant ant it always work! Plus, you can match it with pretty much anything. So, for her days at the beach I chose a vintage inspired bikini for Kendra. It's called the Ester Williams Bathing Beauty, and you can get it at ModCloth. When you need to leave the sand for a while to go get something to eat, it can be nice to throw something simple on over your bathing suit, and I found the perfect thing at H&M - a dark green, sequin-embroidered chiffon kaftan. I want this one myself!!! Then we have vintage looking, golden shoes from Swedish Hasbeens, and good sized straw beach bag and shading straw hat - both from ModCloth. And Kendra darling, please don't forget sunblock!!! A tanned girl might look healthy, but a white girl is prettier than a red one...

And then we have my pics for evening wear:



First, I went looking for a perfect dress. And this is the one I'd like to see Mrs Thornton in! It's from Zac Posen's Resort 2014 Collection, and it reminds me of the foam that rides with the waves up on the beach. The shoes and the clutch are both from Jimmy Choo, and as they are dark blue they go very well with the ocean-theme that started with the dress. I think this outfit fits very well for any fancy restaurant, but also for that romantic dinner at the beach - just take the shoes off and walk barefoot in the soft sand...

So, that's it! My first blog challenge! I hope I have helped Kendra at least a little bit with her outfit-decisions, and I also hope she and her husband has a great trip with lots of romance! I'm not jealous at all... And if anyone out there feels like buying me the foam-dress, that's completely ok...


4 comments:

  1. Hiya doll, I think this look - well both of them are gorgeous. I love black, I know many freak out about it in the summer or anytime really, but I love it. Very elegant indeed!! I wish I was going somewhere hot just now, this weather is driving me mad, so cold today!! Maybe they can take me with them, I'll wander off to the beach & leave them to do their thing, haha! Have a wonderful weekend my dear Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I every time used to read article in news papers but
    now as I am a user of internet therefore from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.


    Feel free to visit my webpage; jeux de machine a sous gratuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your evening wear look! so unique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I had the money I would certainly get that dress for myself! *Drool*... ;) xox

      Delete

Hyper Smash