Friday, May 30, 2014

Fabergé Friday

These last few days have been hot in Sweden! Summer has finally arrived, and with the temperature rise, I thought it fitting to show you today's Fabergé object - a thermometer! It was created by workmaster Johan Victor Aarne sometime before 1896!




The thermometer is silver-gilt, with a frame covered in lilac enamel over a guilloché ground. It is also decorated with flower swags in different-colored gold, and the center plaque is made of ivory. The size of it is 7.8'' x 2.2'' x 0.5 '' (19.7 x 5.6 x 1.2 cm), and it was acquired by Tsar Nicholas II in 1898. It now has it's place in the Royal Collection








1 comment:

  1. That is the most beautiful thermometer I've ever seen, marvellous. I think I need to come to Sweden though for the heat, haha. it's sunny today, but not so warm...can't wait for the heat really. I hope you enjoy it doll & have a gorgeous weekend Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash