Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fräulein Frauke Presents - Weimar Cabaret!

If you happen to be in Stockholm Mars 2, and doesn't have other plans, come to Nalen for a night of burlesque decadence! Actually - if you have already made other plans, change them, and come to Nalen for a night of burlesque decadence! Everyone needs to visit one of Fräulein Frauke's clubs at least one time during their lives, and this time the theme is Weimar Cabaret!



After WWI until 1933 the Weimar Republic held power over Germany. But even though many hardships followed in the footsteps of the war, the Weimar Republic is remembered as a cultural renaissance. The cabaret scene grew immensely, and was a place where writers, artists, homosexuals, actresses, filmmakers, dancers, and other children of the night gathered to escape reality. It was also during this time Christopher Isherwood wrote Goodbye to Berlin, the book which later became realized as the popular musical Cabaret with Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey as main characters. 

The list of show girls - and boys - for the evening is:

Photo: John Paul Bichard

Laurie Hagen!

Photo: Paul Green

Marlene von Steenvag!

Photo: John Paul Bichard

Hedo Luxe!
Fräulein Frauke!

Photo: Miriam Zakarian

Velma Voluptuous!


Herr H!

Photo: John Paul Bichard

Valkyria von Tessla!

And if I get in the mood, I might jump up on stage and throw my own clothes off!...Ok, I won't...I don't think...










2 comments:

  1. Hiya lovely...would be grand to go, alas...I live too far away!! I need a jet, so I can come to these things ;) I hope you go and have a grand time & maybe get on stage yourself ;) Everyone looks amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun to me Miss Meadows, I really hope that you enjoy yourself when you go, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash