Thursday, September 01, 2011

New York, New York

Of all the places I've travelled to so far, NYC is the only place I could actually imagine living in. In fact, if it was as easy moving to the US - and working there - as it is in Europe, I might just pack my bags and move there today! A change in scenery would be perfect in my life right now. I love americans too. They're open, friendly and easy to talk too. But as getting into that country is about as difficult as escaping from a high security prison, I guess I'm going to have to be satisfied with just visiting this wonderful city now and then. This was the first time I went there, but I'm already suffering slight withdrawal symptoms, and feel I have to go back! Soon...

I didn't go there alone though. With me I had Sara...


Here with The Big Lebowski. And my sister Christine...


Who here can be seen sexually assaulting Elmo on Times Square.

I'm not so into either cardboard men or red furry creatures, so I went to Liberty Island - most known for The Statue of Liberty...


...and got myself three handsome sailors instead!

So, what else did we do this week? Well...


One day I accidentally did a "Marilyn Monroe", standing over one of those grids under which the subway passes. I was standing there thinking; "Oh, this is what Marilyn did in "The Seven Year Itch". I wonder if it works in real life?". And POOF, my skirt blew up. So, yes, it works in real life. The fabric in the dress I was wearing wasn't as flowing as Marilyn's though. Have to remember that for next time...


We shopped at Victoria's Secret - The Holy Church Of Lingerie! If you leave a city where this store is located, without having one of those pink, striped bags in your luggage, your trip just wasn't complete!

One day we bought beach mats and hung out in Central Park. I loved that place! A beautiful oasis amongst the skyscrapers. I want to know what it looks like during the year's changing seasons - which means I would have to go back for fall, winter and spring. What a shame...Somewhere nearby to where we put up our beach mat camp someone was playing the violin really beautifully. C'était parfait!



I'm sorry about that last picture. But when I see a sign like that, I just have to do something that expresses it's full meaning, underneath it...

We found lots of good food in NY! 


That raspberry was one of the best I've ever tasted! The rest on that plate wasn't so bad either. Closeup:


Yes! Yes! YES!!!!!!!

I really like my Shatter Dress by the way. It's perfect for every occasion. I feel I can wear it to both funerals and weddings, and sometimes even to a rock club, sipping margaritas!


We saw a really good cover band at this place. Sara - who has a beautiful singing voice - asked the singer if she could come up on stage and do "I Love Rock and Roll" with the band. She could!


And she did!

I found a cool restroom, where the walls were covered with mirrors, and snapped a few pictures of myself.


If you  - like me - happen to like architecture, NYC is like walking around in a big museum of amazing buildings! It's an insane mix of old, beautifully decorated buildings, and modern skyscrapers made of glass. When the sky is blue, with little white clouds scattered over it, and this is mirrored in the glass walls it almost looks like these huge skyscrapers disappear. Like they were just mirages...


The building above contains luxury apartments. It does't fit in with the rest of the architecture around it at all! But I loved this melange. The photo doesn't make it justice though. It looked even cooler in reality. Like shining silver which surface has been eroded by streams of water.

One day I found the street I want to live on, in West Village.


But since this is only a dream - at least for now - I will just have to look forward to my next visit to this wonderful city. Whenever that will be...Hm...Maybe New Years in New York? That sounds pretty good. Who wants to come with me?...







1 comment:

  1. I did an accidental Marilyn in Paris! But since my skirt was really flowy, I showed like everything...

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash