Saturday, December 29, 2012

Vienna New Year's Day Concert

For the ones of you who hasn't already noticed it, I can tell you that every year a New Year's Day Concert is held in Vienna, in the Golden Hall of the Musikverein, and playing is the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. It would be lovely to be able to go there and witness it in person some day, but since it is televised live worldwide, we all have front row tickets to it! The good thing abut seeing it through the TV though, is that segments of the concert is mixed with clips showing beautiful views of Vienna - and - there is also a ballet part! That bit isn't live though, but has been pre-recorded somewhere at a beautiful location. I just saw the promotional photos from this year's ballet part, and...well...see for yourselves...






















Don't miss it on New Year's Day!!!













6 comments:

  1. This honestly sounds good to me Miss Meadows, I'd love to check it out, the photos are glamorous as heck and it sounds like a great way to bring in your new year in all honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag lyckades sätta på tvn precis när detta var på och jag vart helt fast, så himlans fint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE ballet :D Wish I could see this one in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched this beautiful concert while I was visiting my family in Switzerland. I especially LOVED the ballet and their costumes. Do you have any idea who made the costumes? Is there a website you found this pictures from? Time has passed since then, and I've been trying to find pictures on the net, thank's so much for posting this!! You made my day :)
    All the best to you
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always watch this concert on TV on New Year's Day, but it would be amazing to see it live in Vienna! It's really weird I haven't written out where I got these pictures from, since I always make sure to acknowledge my sources. Hm... Maybe I got some kind of promotional email or something with the photos. I have tried my best to google the designer of 2013's ballet ensemble. But I can't find it anywhere! So my guess is they were designed and created by the costumiers of the ballet company the dancers came from. Wish I had all these creations in my closet though... :) xox

      Delete

Hyper Smash