Monday, August 01, 2011

New skirt

I've had my eye on a 50s skirt from Firefly Vintage on Etsy for a while now, so when Tifa DeLeone put it up as one of her "Favorites of the Week" on her web magazine "Min Boudoir" for everyone to see, I naturally had to order it before anyone else snatched it!


I'm really bad at knowing what fabric different things are made out of, but according to the web site the skirt has been made out of rayon or a rayon blend. It also has a bit of a nubby feeling like silk shantung. The fit is snug over the hips, and then flares out more and more. The fabric has been cut on the bias, so it has a really nice flow to it. The color is a bit darker in reality than on the picture, and since I'm pretty short I'm thinking about shortening it a little. But I'm not sure yet. Have to try it out a bit first. Aside from that the only thing I have to do is change the positions of the hooks and eyes in the side closing a little to fit my waist better. After that it will be ready to be brought out into the world again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash