Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2013


Just like Dolce & Gabbana blended royal and religious elements in their Mosaic Collection, so has Sarah Burton done for the Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2013 Collection. Burton's vision is more toned down than that of the Italian duo though, and her idea was to "evoke the humility and purity of low-church Anglicanism, rather than it's incense-and-ritual high-church counterpart". I think this collection is a good example of how simplicity - hear meaning "without an abundance of decorations" - still can look both elegant and opulent, simply because of how the clothes have been designed and put together. So here come - as usual - my favorites from the collection!























































2 comments:

  1. I must say that I prefer this to the D&G. This is much more me. I did love that line, but there is something about this that catches my breath a bit more. Especially when I scrolled to the 8th one, I NEED it!! All of these are perfect, goodness, now I want them all, haha!! Amazing creations :)))) Have a gorgeous day doll & I'm thinking of you <3 <3 <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something so much more regal, sexy and powerful about these outfits than your average dress and I just adore them all Miss Meadows, I haven't seen a single one that you wouldn't look perfect in!

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash