Friday, October 21, 2011

Andy Julia

Andy Julia is a freelance photographer who lives and works in Paris. I just discovered him through the blog "The Dainty Doll's House". I love the dreamy effect of his photos. The way he blends old and new, melancholia and sensuality.























I can't show you all his lovely pictures - there are too many. But if you want more, check out his home page. There you can see the photos in bigger format too. When I try to enlarge them here, they just get blurry. Annoying... 























10 comments:

  1. I was first introduced to this guy through the same blog you were and I have to say he is an amazing talent. These photos are all absolutely awe inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you enjoyed his work too, just exquisite, isn't it!?! I would love them all over my house & I really wish I would be able to go to his showing!! I hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend doll!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to his page right away. I actually studies photography so I love that aspect of fashion more than any other :) Thanks for sharing! Also thank you so much for you comment on my blog, feel free to visit whenever you feel like it :)

    http://fromheretofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so gorgeous- there's a lovely nostalgic wistful charm to them. I really love the ones of the woman with the behive-esque hair.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad so many of you like the photos! I wish I had a big salon where I could hang some of these on the walls, and then just walk around looking at them whenever I felt like it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and gorgeous women:) So dreamy and nostalgic, full of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The third one reminds me of the painting of Ophelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought of that Ophelia painting when I saw this photo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful recommendation: you can tell it's a real artist's vision! Very much a fairytale element to them, like Narnia or something!

    Cakes
    http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash