Thursday, October 20, 2011

Things I DON'T want right now

Here we go again! Another one of my "Things I DON'T want right now" posts. We're still in the F/W 2011 ready to wear collections. Roll down at your own risk! This could get ugly...

Libertine
"I was painting the walls in my house, using myself as a roller"...

Libertine
..."My boyfriend helped too. Bathroom will go in white and blue".

Nicole Miller
What disturbs me about this outfit is the skirt-over-pants part. The skirt-over-pants was tried in the 90s, and should NEVER BE DONE AGAIN!!! Please, if you can't decide whether to wear pants or a skirt, just put on a dress! How difficult can it be?!

Louis Vuitton
I liked a lot in this collection. This jacket is an exception. It looks a bit like those things slalom skiers wears. Or like the fabric was just too stiff to make that certain jacket in. The result resembles how the clothes I made for my Barbie when I was little used to look.

Maison Martin Margiela
Do I really have to explain why I chose to add this picture? No. Didn't think so either...

Maison Martin Margiela
From the same collection as the one above. At least he's being consistent...

Narciso Rodriguez
Here's a girl who obviously has tried the same home painting method as the two people in the first pictures. If you're going to redecorate your home, please use brushes or hand rollers...Or hire someone else to do it!

Missoni
Good morning!

Missoni
Good morning to you too!

MM6 Maison Martin Margiela x Opening Ceremony
If you have an old pair of jeans you never wear anymore, just throw them away. Don't resew them into something like this! 












9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, some of these are absolutely horrible. I can't see why these chicks would even get the green light to model these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good laugh! It´s hard to decided what´s worst, but I think the balloon jacket by Vuitton wins the competition. Actually I can see some of these outfits being worn by art teachers over here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they're being well payed for it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least they are trying, aren't they...:–?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe.. Fashion victims. Can´t think for themselves they just read the fancy label and think Yay! Lois Vuitton, this must be the trendiest to wear right now. A littlebit like the "Emperors new clothes".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jannie: I know. I guess sometimes being a runway model has it's disadvantages...

    Lillgull: That whole "good name on the tag, this must look good" mentality is just ridiculous! And there are SO many people falling down that trap... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty awful, though I like the colour scheme in the first Missoni picture. But they all look as if they are trying too hard to be different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually left this out on my original comment but I like the colours on the first Missoni too. Very romantic and spring-like.
    And I have to admit that I like the princess cut coat in that picture too- but as a dressing gown!

    If HM or Lindex had a knitted or plush stretch velveteen version of that coat I would by it right away as a "morgonrock" or robe!
    I like to be warm and snug in these chilly autumn mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lillgull: I actually agree with you on that one! I like the pastel colors, and it DOES look really comfy. The thing is just that this ISN'T bed wear, it's something Missoni wants us to walk around in on the streets. If I saw someone in that outfit at a grocery store I would probably wonder if that person hadn't forgotten to get out of her pyjamas... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash